Oct 18, 2012

Yes, most of us knows Warcraft III and one of the most famous custom map built with this is DOTA. But how did they make DOTA? What programming language does it use? To my curiosity  I explored a bit of the World Editor (Warcraft III Map Editor) tool in Warcraft III and found a capable and game specific coding language known as JASS.

SO WHAT HAVE I DONE SO FAR?

Over the past few weeks, I've been trying to learn how the script works and so far I had the hang of it. I am now creating a small RPG game which only me can appreciate. While working, I found out that you can download snippets of codes in some sites dedicated to coding this game. I downloaded some and merge it with my current scripts. I also learned an advanced modified version of scripting this game called vjass which I am still trying to learn to. So far, I have finished some scripts in-game which includes a mini-game that you can view in the video below.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKrxMaKyGAo&w=420&h=315]

Lol, I failed in this video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment